Before she was known as Charlotte Sometimes and known by her real name, I first discovered her in 2004 and loved what she was doing and doing now. So you can call me a long time fan who loves her music. I think she is one of best alt pop artists going around in america at the moment. She can write and sing such fantastic tunes that are catchy and meaningful at the same time. She incredible. So I asked her a few questions so read on.
1. Have you learnt a lot from being on a major label?
I learned how to be a better business woman
How have things changed with the last ep and the upcoming one?
that my music has grown a lot. I am getting older and my musical tastes
are a little mellower now. It’s definitely less angsty.
3. What has been the inspiration for the EP?
Taking a real look at
my life and my relationships with others. I also just really hit it off
with my producer, Sloan Alexander, so he really inspired me musically.
4. Were you happy with the response to the album?
It hasn’t come out yet… it’s coming out August 30th
5. What inspires you when writing your songs?
Just my reactions to life.
How the internet & social media played a part in getting your music
It’s kept my career alive, thank goodness! My fans are the
best and are always tweeting and being awesome.
7. How did you get involved with writing songs for other people?
love to write songs, so I just went through my Publishing company at
first and then started networking on my own.
8. Do you think
interaction with your fans helps getting your music out there?
love interacting with my fans… I feel like they are family at this
9. What advice can you give to somebody wanting to make a music career?
Don’t …. ha
10. Any Chance to come play Australia?
I hope so! Put in a good word for me!
11. Who has been your greatest help with your music so far?
My father! He is so supportive and has a natural musicality.
12. What us next for Charlotte Sometimes?
Getting this EP out and touring the states!