Natalie’s back and doing some cool new stuff and thought she was worth interviewing. Find out what she been up to recently.
1. Are you happy how things have gone so far?
yup so far so good! Things haven’t taken the road people expected but that’s ok. It definitely went down a different road to what i expected too. i’m enjoying being out there again and sharing my music with people.
2. What was the inspiration for your new single?
a relationship i was in a few years back. I wrote it when after Idol. I was seeing this amazing guy who only wanted to a no attachment kind of relationship but at the same time wanted a relationship of sorts, it was very strange to me at the time because i wanted full commitment and to be able to call him my boyfriend but that never happened. i was heart broken and moved on.
3. How did it feel to be part of the new aussie film Big Momma’s Boy?
I feel very lucky and honoured that Frank approached me to be a part of this movie. I get to make a cameo appearance and have 2 songs featured in the movie, Do What You Gotta Do and Best of Me. It is a very funny movie and i can totally relate to it having a younger brother!
4. What inspires you now when writing music?
Now.. life experience, relationships, food, culture, people, travel and heart ache.
5. What has been your favourite place so far play to music? The forum supporting Bachelor Girl was AMAZING. The Regent Theatre. Malta Song Festival.
6. Do you think you learned a lot from being on aussie idol?
yes i learnt sooo much. I learnt about the music industry, i learnt about how it works in Australia and what kind of artist i am. I learnt about what’s real and what’s not real. I learnt that you need to be true to who you are and not let people knock you down and don’t take shit from nobody!
7. What do you hope the new song Best Of Me will do for your career?
i hope people can hear Best of Me and enjoy it. I just want it it out there to share with the world, that’s it.
8. When will expect to hear the new album?
I have just finished recording the new Album and i am working on the artwork and a video clip for HA Ha HA so i’m not sure yet..
9. What have you been listening recently that you have really enjoyed?
Jamie Woon, James Blake, Adele.
10. How is the dance project you are involved different to your solo stuff?
it’s completely different. Tune In Tokyo is completely electronic dance pop and my solo music is soul, jazz and pretty indie.
11. How do you think the internet and social media have helped with your music?
Without the internet i wouldn’t have had success with Without You, my single that was released in Germany and US. I was able to write and record in my bedroom and send the song directly via internet, its just amazing. the only problem with the internet is the fact that everything is free.. it’s not good for business.. but great for exposure and getting work all over the world, it makes the world so much smaller in that aspect.
12. Who would you most like to work with, if you haven’t worked with them already?
I would like to work with Imogen Heap, Jim Abyss and David Guetta.