was bred into me at a very young age, my dad was a jazz musician and my
mother a theatrical director, so I from having musical instruments
surrounding me every day, something was bound to happen.
2. What has been the highlight so far?
at Fuse festival in Adelaide is definately one of my favorite shows,
but our EP launch in Brisbane had the best crowd and atmosphere by far
with live painting and artwork, hand crafted apparel and coloured fairy
lights on everything! We all crammed into this tiny little cottage to
play a great show.
3. How did it feel to play fuse festival?
amazing to be amongst a variety of other independent bands, it inspired
me to see others working as hard as me to continue down the long and
winding road they call the dream.
4. What inspires you when writing music?
mainly, I’ve been blessed to meet some very unusual and special
creative types in my life so far, and I find I’m always writing
inconspicuous stories about them, and my reaction to them.
5. What was the inspiration for the ep?
6. Who have you enjoyed playing with recently?
loved doing a show with Astrid and the Asteroids, they are a soul funk
band from Brisbane, but other favorites are Emma Dean and The Tiger and
7. What it is the scene like where you are from?
small, but it’s growing rapidly. There’s alot of new bars opening up in
Brisbane now with lots of opportunties to network and meet other like
8. How has social networking helped your music?
learnt alot of great tips from word of mouth, wether it be constructive
criticism or who is the best producer to work with. Many other
musicians inspire me when we talk about their journeys, everything
9. What advice could you give to some one wanting to give a career in music a shot?
in it, get out to see other live bands as much as possible, attend
conferences/information nights, take every opportunity to be a
information sponge and never stop creating.
10. How has touring helped your music?
It’s been really refreshing to play in new surroundings such as
Melbourne and Adelaide to new audiences. I love hearing the reactions
from first timers after the show, motivates me to keep going! Oh, and
it’s great experience and practise on the technical side. Did I mention
we are about to go on a tour to Sydney and around NSW?
11. Who would the band most like to work with or play with?
12. How has radio and the media received the latest ep?
have enjoyed it, most comments I’ve recieved have lingered around the
word ‘refreshing’. We’ve gotten plays in all states of Australia now on
community radio, this makes me happy.
13. What is next for yourself?