I’ve personally known The Murderballs a very long time now and they are an awesome Melbourne punk band and just awesome dudes all round. They released their debut album Gross Encounters earlier in the year. I finally got it and it’s excellent and it’s about time they got the Parx-e treatment
1. How did the album come about?
1. The album came about really gradually. There was a lot of different times we were all available and trying to get things done, but it didn’t always sync up. Until one day, it did…
2. What was the inspiration behind it?
2. The inspiration was that it had been a decade and we had nothing to show…
3. How was the recording process different to the EP?
3. it was a collaboration forced from nit having enough money to do it in one hit… We did it in parts with different engineers which gave an interesting range of sounds.
4. How does a song start for you?
4. Well usually it starts before we start if you know what I mean. Presongjaculation we call it. Nah, it’s usually someone has a riff or it comes from an improv jam and something sticks.
5. Where do you get your inspiration from?
5. We just play until someone gets an erection and usually that’s a good sign it was an inspired song.
6. Has your song writing changed from when you were starting out?
6. Not overly. Same dgaf attitude to conventions but we get in sync quicker these days.
7. How important are live shows to you guys?
7. Murderballs are a live band, nuff said!
8. When your playing live do you have a set list or go with the flow?
8. I’ll refer you to the previous comment about beer. We barely remember our own songs let alone what order they’re in!
9. Where is some where you have not played you would like to play at?
10. Any more plans to make any more video clips?
10. We have more ideas than time! And money… And sense. Also yes.
11. How important is having a plan in place for your music?
11. What is plan..?
12. How important is your brand The Murderballs
12. We’d break some legs if someone tried to rip us off, but we don’t feel anyone WANTS to rip us off.