Gossling is one of the most talked about singer songwriters at the moment in Australia, she has also been involved in one of the hottest tune’s to come out of Australia last year, Boys Like You with 360. With a new EP and tour on the way, this talented singer songwriter is gonna be one of the biggest singer songwriters to come out of Australia in a long time. It will not be very long until everybody knows her name.
1. Are you happy how things have gone for you since signing up with Harbour Agency?
Very happy. Michael Harrison has been a huge supporter of my music since we first met over 2 years ago. And he has given me numerous amazing opportunities to share my music in a live sense.
2. How did you get involved with 360?
He was recording his album ‘Falling and Flying’ and they were looking for a female vocalist for the track ‘Boys Like You’. I think his label had heard of me and they approached me to see if I’d be interesting in collaborating on the track. After we recorded ‘Boys Like You’, we collaborated on a second song that’s on the album called ‘Miracle In A Costume’.
3. Are you surprised how well the collaboration has done for you and your career?
It’s been a blast to be involved in making music for a different genre. I feel very blessed to be involved on a track that has been so well received.
4. What do you hope the new ep and tour will do for you?
I’m very happy to be getting new music out into the world. It’s been over a year since my last EP came out, so I’m glad to have some new material to share with people live.
The tour will be a lot of fun. I’ll have a 4 piece band coming along with me.
5. What was the inspiration for the clip ‘I Was Young?
My character had a Brigitte Bardot thing going on. We had been watching old cowboy movies for inspiration and we wanted to make sure there was a fun aspect present as well.
6. How did Native Tongue Music Publishing come to sign you for a publishing deal?
We met and I really liked the smaller, team feeling that Native Tongue have. I felt like my music would be in great hands. They are also able to offer me opportunities in film/advertising scoring. Which I really enjoy doing.
7. Would you be open to more collaborations in the future?
8. What has been your favorite gig to date so far?
My own headline show at The Northcote Social Club last year was pretty amazing. It was a goal of mine to sell out the NSC and the crowd were an amazing crowd.
9. What will the album be about?
The new EP doesn’t have an overall meaning. A few of the tracks have a theme of love. One is about the challenge as an artist to have people write negative things about you online. And another track is about a ‘player’.
10. If you could have any one in your video clip who would it be?
Haven’t really ever thought about this before. I’d love to have a big group party scene with all of my friends. That would be a fun day of filming.
11. Who would you most like to work with?
It would be incredible to met french artist Camille. I think she has incredible melody ideas and incredible beat boxing skills!
12. What inspires you when writing songs?
Friends, news articles, fragile relationships, other songs.