Furyon are an awesome British band who I found and quickly dug their blend of metal and classic rock. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing so an interview was a must and read on and find out why this band freaking rocks.
1. How did the band form?
Formed in Brighton UK 2006 by myself (Matt Mitchell) & guitarist Chris Green
from the dregs of our prevoius band.
A few quick line up changes and Furyon was formed.
2. What was the inspiration for the album?
future. Ofcourse we just wanted to record a bloody good sounding album that
had killer tunes on it too. No fillers! This is our first album so we wanted to make a big impression.
3. How did Frontier Records get involved with the band?
4. What was the recording process for the album like?
place. (Also some writing) Rick Beato studio in Stone Mountain Georgia is a quality studio to say the least and himself as a Producer is second to none. Very relaxed … But a 10 to 12 hour day workload. We did also have a month in Chicago previous to the studio for pre production work. This was fun .. we utilised the chicago nightlife pretty well.
5. What inspires the band when writing music?
6. What does band do for warming up before a gig?
with some crazy excerises to get myself ready. The guitarists will sit and
play for a while backstage too
to get there shredding fingers working.
7. How has social networking helped the band?
helped move the band forward. It’s a good way of keeping track with contacts
and keeping fans aware of what’s going on.
8. What do you hope the album will do for the band?
really we would love to see ‘Gravitas’ do REALLY well. With good promotion
an album like this should do. Lets face it,
great promo is what it needs!
9. What is the scene like where you guys come from?
getting good. Here in our hometown of Brighton UK there are many shows you
can go and see from small venues to larger. The Rock/Metal scene is strong here I would
say. Seems like it’s been injected with something good recently.
10. What has been your favorite show to date?
That was a killer headline show.
11. If you could play any where in the world where would it be?
12. What is next for the band?
That’s what it’s about.