Picture copyright respected holders.
Interview With Mischa Kaye By Chris 27/4/06
Mischa Kaye is a great singer songwriter
She writes ambient pop music with power and passion.
Her songs are excellent and will get you hooked
One of the many reasons worth a Interview.
So read on and find out what she had to say.
1.How did you get into music?
Since I was little I was very involved in classical music,
my mother was a Pianist, and I took singing lessons and
piano lessons, and would always be competing in the local
music festival. But I was more interested in Acting. When I
was older I went to school for Music Theatre, one of the
classes was one where you had to get up in front of the
class and sing pop music…like you were singing in a bar
or club. Every attempt I made to do this resulted in me in
tears, feeling as if I just couldn’t connect to the
material…and perform it ( i was very dramatic) I felt the
only way I could get past this was to write my own
music…..which I began ferociously doing as a way of
letting my frustrations out, and continued for the rest of
my time at the school. And of course realized that I loved
it soo much and could never stop, so I started playing
shows and recording.
2. What were your major influences?
Always my mother. The world. Love. as far as other artists,
Tori Amos, Leonard Cohen
3. If you could have a three-band bill who would they
Umm, Goldfrapp, Dirts Ballb, Kate Bush
4. What has been the highlight of your career so
Probably getting to travel to Japan to play music.
5. What the response been to the new EP like?
It’s been really good!! I’ve been selling out of them at
shows, so, good!!
6. What inspires you when writing music?
My surroundings, my frustrations, Fairy Tales….Drama.
Love. Adventure!!!!! Sounds, Smells.
7. What made you want to go out and play
I don’t know, it was just a natural progression
8. What are your thoughts on file sharing and the mp3
Stealing is bad.
9. Who would most like to record a song with?
Probably Leonard Cohen. I would also like to have his
10. Do you think the internet is good for helping
artists get known?
11. What bands/artists are you listening to
I listen to music constantly, all sorts. Right now Regina
Spektor, Rilo Kiley, Goldfrapp, Kate Bush. I really like
Reggae lately, lots of Jazz, Umm, Dolly Parton, Elvis,
12. Who has helped you out the most?
My boyfriend, and my family
13. What has the response been to your music on the
It has been great. The Internet has been amazing!! I have
met soo many other musicians, and been exposed to soo much
14. What is like being an independent artist?
15. What are some of your favourite movies?
American Psycho, Me and You and everyone we know, Dancer in
the Dark, Goodbye Lenin, the Dreamers, Chocolat, The Beach,
Amelie, City of God, Being John Malkovich. Lots of others,
I just cant remember….
16. What have you seen recently you really
Saw Munich last night. I was really good.
17. What is next for Mischa Kaye?
There will be a live Intergalactic broadcast of a Mischa
Kaye show from her home planet ZORK. but if that doesnt
work than, she will go back to Canada and tour!!!
Thanks for your time any last words
The new Mischa Kaye album is comming out this fall. It is
called “rain makes flowers grow” stay tuned!!