Picture copyright respected holders.
Interview With Julie Gribble By Chris 20/6/06
Julie Gribble is a great singer songwriter from
I liked what I heard so I figured I would
give her some free publicity with an interview.
So read the interview and expect to see more and here more
of her music soon.
1. What has been the highlight of your career so
When I performed on the Late Late Show with Craig
2. What the response been to the album So
It’s been great. I feel like the music has reached people
and that’s what matters the most to me
3. What inspires you when writing music?
Heartache, laughter, the rain, confusion,
4. What made you want to go out and play
I had grown up watching singer/songwriters, and music was
always a major influence on everything i did. i needed to
share the poetry that was filling my room in notebooks from
years of screaming and crying and laughing through my pen
5. What are your thoughts on file sharing and the mp3
It sucks cause we don’t make any money off of all our hard
work but it’s also great cause people hear your music that
maybe wouldn’t have before
6. Who would most like to record a song with?
7. Do you think the Internet is good for helping artists
8. What bands/artists are you listening to
Nada Surf, Anna Nalick, Damian Rice, Wolfmother
9. Who has helped you out the most?
My family, they are the most supportive people on the
planet and Dan Lavery who has been producing me and has
taught me so mucha and he is also a writing partner
10. What has the response been to your music on the
Alot of podcasts, which is cool. i see every week parts of
my record being added to people’s links and websites so
11. What is like being an independent artist in
Lots of work, lots of work. but great because you have so
many people around to learn from and be inspired by
12. What are some of your favorite movies?
Crash, right now. Napoleon Dynamite, cause I’m a dork at
13. What have you seen recently you really
I’ve been watching music videos on CMT lately, so
14. What is next for Julie Gribble?
finishing up the record and hoping to get out on tour by
fall of 2006