Cub Scouts are a Brisbane band doing good things. They play indie pop and I like what they are doing. Expect the band to be a house hold name real soon. So read on and find out what the band had to say.
1.Are you surprised how things have gone for you so far?
Extremely surprised. We’re very lucky to have received so much support from so many people.
2 What was the inspiration for the new EP?
The EP was inspired by lots of things; mostly people I’ve been inspired to write about, whether that’s a nice thing or not. Also, my dog Evie was an inspiration.
3. Are you happy how radio and media has gotten behind the band?
Yeah absolutely. We’re so thankful for how much support we’ve received.
4. How does having a booking agent help the band?
It means that we don’t have to organize booking shows for our tours and shows. We’re self-managed, so having a booking agent helps to make being self-managed manageable.
5. How do you guys warm up for a show?
We usually have dinner together, but no real rituals.
6. What’s the bands drink of choice?
Mostly beer/cider. Andy doesn’t mind a shandy~
7.Who have you enjoying playing with?
Ball Park Music and Loon Lake were both great to tour with. We’re currently touring with Phebe Starr which is so good, I don’t think I could ever get sick of watching her set!
8. If you put the ultimate festival together who would be on the bill?
Beyonce and us together
9. What inspires the band when writing songs?
I’m inspired by things that make me happy/sad and things that I find funny. I’m not a very confrontational person, so I usually just let it out in my songs haha
10. If you do a duet with anybody who would it be?
Beyonce or Lana Del Rey <3
11. What would be find on your stereo at the moment?
Ball Park Music – Museum