Yes after months even a few years of the idea. The first episode is now live and for your viewing. It can be viewed also at 1080p for those who decided to do so.
The first episode of The Parx-e Show has interviews with Australian actor Ella Cannon, Canadian singer songwriter Heather Longstaffe, American singer songwriter Karen Waldrup and Melbourne band Passerine.
Future shows will be a lot shorter episode 2 is only 25 minutes
It’s been a long time coming is The Parx-e Show but end of next week. The first episode will be up if all goes to plan. I’m happy how things have turned out for it. Got some great interviews, but future shows will be a lot shorter in length. A new compilation CD is in the works too, yep I ain’t stopping for nothing. The site will always be here for me. I am a one man operation, I have 10 more interviews to go until 600 interviews. Not bad for a non cool, not hipster not writing for some cool website with cred. Nope I am me and me only.
So if I am a little slack, it’s because of The Parx-e Show and many other things. But I dig what I do and are happy because of what I do. I enjoy doing it a real lot. Have made some amazing friends because of it.
So I ain’t going anywhere.
These guys will be hitting the road in May to support their new EP.
I’m sorry for the lateness in any site updates or what you call it recently, The Parx-e Show is be to launched on the 10th and is fixing up the final bits of the first episode so it’s a cracker for you to watch. But these are the artists I am loving at the moment.
Saw them twice a week ago bought merch and have been a fan ever since they released their first song. Music is so catchy and a joy to the ears.
These Melbourne cats know how to turn it on music wise and write some cracking catchy music and yeah see their interview in the first episode of the Parx-e Show
I love Julia music think she is a fantastic singer songwriter from Adelaide, keep missing her shows, due to me being away but plan to have her on the Parx-e Show.
This artist now living in Melbourne will be one of the surprise albums of the year, I have it, she gave me a copy and yeah it is so good. Her song Keep Her Close is on my last compilation CD which you can still get for free off my website.
Yeah I dig them, so what, I think their music is excellent, great songs, new album is really good and Shots is my favourite track off the album.
I am a Oasis fan and not ashamed to admit it, but Noel new album has some solid songs on it. Like this song.
I really dig Destiny debut album, I think it is unique and special. If you get a chance to check out Home in the Light, do so it’s really well written and sung.
I saw these guys in LA in January at The Whisky and loved what I heard and bought their EP straight away and was hooked and can’t wait for more from them.
Saw this cat play at B.B. King Club in Memphis and was blown away, He gonna go far.
I adore Julia Henning and think she is a fantastic artists, blown away by what she does. Sadly I can’t see her play while she is in Melbourne as I’ll be out of the country but go see her on tour when she playing around Aussie, she is fantastic, will hopefully have her on The Parx-e Show.
I adore AVABERÉE, they are on Parx-e Volume 4 and is this is their new track and it’s cracker. Avaberee rock.
Great song and can see her going very far.
Guttermouth are touring Aussie again and still going strong. Mark answered my questions, so read on and go see them live.
1. What has happened to you in the last few years has that inspired you with new songs?
1. well its about fucking time I got off my ass and did what a musicians suppose to do. I’ve already been lumped in with the 90’s bands and I don’t want to be lumped in with the 70’s bands who just tour greatest hits albums over and over. That sounds like double jeopardy to me. As far as inspiration goes I have never stopped writing I just haven’t been recording. Recording felt like washing your clothes on a flat rock in a river bed to me. But now my electrity is back on I can wash my clothes and dishes AND plug the old 4 track back in. All i need now is to pay the gas man and I can make a cup of tea cook and some maggie noodles while I write. As your all know i sneeze hits so we have we have two and a half boxes empty of cleanex and a gaggle of great songs waiting to be recorded.
2. Do you think playing shows and touring fuels the fire?
2. Where there’s smoke there’s fire! In case of fire break glass and call 000!!!
3. What does Australia mean to the band?
3. Well its home for Alex but its a home away from home for the rest of us. Especially myself. The amount of life long friends made over the years has been life changing and can only happen in a country like yours. Which I wish was mine… America blows right now. And as I’ve said before I’d turn in my passport in a second!! Maybe someone will marry me for citizenship (wink wink).
4. Will we any new releases from you guys in the future?
5. A lot of bands are doing the classic album tour, would you guys ever do that? (Huge fan of Teri Yakimoto)
5. I can’t rule it out, I’d try anything once. Its tough when you have 10 records though. Unless we play for a week straight in every city.
6. If you could do things differently would you?
6. No I wouldn’t do anything differently i’m coming to Australia for my 18th time!! How many bands can say that. See you next week!!
I’ve known Kate Akhurst for years and I am so happy for Kate Boy going gang busters. She is a fantastic singer and this song is excellent. I just wanna see them play live would be ace. Can’t wait for the EP
Here are some songs im digging at the moment. Here are the clips get around them
I adore Kate Boy think they are an amazing group, I hopefully will get to see them play one day soon. I can’t wait for the album, know it’s going to be a cracker.
Bring it on